Fuel EX 9.7 is an all-mountain ripper that rolls in with the best balance of performance and pocket-friendly components, without skimping on the good stuff. It features a lightweight carbon frame, plus a cherry-picked blend of Shimano SLX and XT components that balance price and ride quality, plus, the ultra-smooth handling of a FOX 150mm front and 140mm rear suspension.
IN-STORE PICKUP ONLY. THIS ITEM CANNOT BE SHIPPED.
Why you'll love it
- You get the light and stiff feel of a carbon fiber frame, plus progressive trail geometry that's ready to handle it all
- You'll find the right balance of price and performance with a cherry-picked blend of Shimano SLX and XT components
- With the adjustable angle headset (angled cups sold separately) and Mino Link, you can choose from six different geometry configurations
- Guided internal routing, universal derailleur hanger, improved hardware, and a threaded BB make maintenance a breeze
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders, and use the best-fitting wheels for each frame size: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝, and sizes M and up get 29˝ wheels
It's right for you if...
You're after the light weight and smooth ride of a carbon frame and want solid parts without the top-shelf price.
The tech you get
A light and stiff full carbon frame, 150mm of travel from FOX's Rhythm 36 fork with Float EVOL air spring and GRIP damper for small bump compliance, plus a FOX Performance Float X rear shock. A perfect blend of Shimano SLX and XT components for reliable shifting and durability on the trail. Finally, you'll find adjustable geometry and in-frame storage for keeping your setup dialed just for you.
The final word
Fuel EX 9.7 is an evolved trail bike for the rider who wants it all. Its lightweight carbon frame is lively and stiff, and spec'd with the perfect build thanks to a FOX suspension package and Shimano XT and SLX drivetrain for a full package deal that's build to charge.